Veterans Services at Golden West College

join Our Email List

The Western Sun - The Newspaper of Golden West College

Associate Degree for Transfer
Associate Degree for Transfer

Salary Surfer
Salary Surfer

Search jobs posted at our school!

Free Newsletter - Student Health 101

Veterans Services

Requirements for Receiving VA Education Benefits

  1. To apply for benefits, the student must apply for benefits by completing the Veterans On-Line Application VONAPP.
  2. In order to claim benefits, the student must have, as an educational objective, one of the following
  3. (a) Associate Degree,
    (b) Baccalaureate Degree,
    (c) Certificate Program.

    VA requires schools to all evaluate credits from all colleges and universities attended previously. Official (sealed) transcripts must be submitted as soon as possible after applying for admission. Students can then meet with a counsellor to create a Student Education Plan (SEP).

    Failure to submit transcripts or meet with a counsellor for an SEP will delay certification for benefits.

    Only courses directly applicable to their education program can be certified for VA education benefits.

  4. In order to ensure continuity of benefits, satisfactory progress must be made toward the stated major.
  5. Regular and prompt attendance in all class and laboratory sessions is expected of every student.
  6. Students using benefits must notify Veterans Enrollment Services of any changes in schedule immediately. To avoid overpayments, changes must be reported to the VA Processing Office promptly.  If an overpayment occurs, the student will receive notice of a debt to the VA.